Senior Hatchery Technician
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Senior hatchery Technician to join our Pipe Clay Lagoon Hatchery team. The role will encompass all commercial production activities including microalgae culture, larvae and spat production, broodstock husbandry and site and systems maintenance. It is a hands-on role that will demand a high level of attention to detail, problem solving skills, team-work skills and the ability to work autonomously. An emphasis of ‘continual-improvement’ is at the core of this role.
For the right candidate there is significant scope to grow within the company during what is a very exciting period of growth and development for Shellfish Culture Ltd.
The following criteria is essential to the role:
- Minimum certificate level aquaculture qualification;
- Demonstrated technical & supervisory experience within the aquaculture industry;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Excellent attitude, organisational skills and an ability to work independently;
- Ability to work weekends and on-call;
- Eager to develop a career in the Australian oyster industry.
For the successful applicant, an attractive remuneration package will be offered based on qualifications and experience.
For further information contact 03 6248 9441.
Applications close on Thursday, 9th April 2020.
Please send a covering letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.